Reservations & Waitlist
While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and are often sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online in order to guarantee your spot in class. Reservations are studio specific and can be made up to 7 days in advance.
Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the Waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will be moved into the class and receive an email notification. Once your reservation is moved from the Waitlist you are in the class and responsible for your reservation.
- If you no longer intend to take class or check your Waitlist status, please be sure to cancel your Waitlist reservation online. Go to My Schedule and click the Waitlist link to cancel.
When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk.
Cancellations & No-Shows
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online or call the studio at least thirty minutes before class to avoid being charged for a No-Show.
- Class cancellations made after the cancellation window, but before class begins result in a Late Cancel. Late Cancels allow us to know that you will not be taking class and open a spot for another willing taker so please consider it good Client Karma.
- If you are using a class package, a No-Show or Late Cancel results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, your account will be charged a $15 No-Show fee.
Late Arrival to Class
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 10 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter an ongoing class up to, but not after, 10 minutes into class.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that covers the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase trademarked Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. You may ask the front desk manager to keep your phone for you during class if you are expecting a very important phone call. Otherwise, please store it in the lockers with the rest of your belongings.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- We provide towels without charge. Hand towels are available at the reception desk. Please leave your towel in the hamper on your way out.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- First-time students who are pregnant must take at least 5 pre-natal exercise classes before joining the regular class. Our flagship studio in the Marina in San Francisco offers pre-natal classes and is only a short drive over the Golden Gate Bridge.
- New and continuing pregnant students must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- Pregnant students can opt to take the first half of the class (which focuses on the arms and legs) for half the drop-in price.
- Refer to Pregnant Or Post Natal for detailed modification information.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Illness & Injuries
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctors note may be required to allow you to take class.
- Just a cold? Please stay home, rest, and avoid spreading the virus to others.
- Mothers who bring children of any age must place them in the childcare room during class. Children are only permitted at the studio when there is a supervising childcare provider.
- Children may not play or climb on the stall bars and other exercise equipment.
- You can make reservations for childcare online or by phone up to one week in advance. When reserving by phone, please indicate your name, the time of the class you plan to attend, and the name and age of your child.
- Childcare costs $8 per child and is available during the 9:45 & 11:00 AM classes weekdays.
- Please review our Childcare Sign Up Notes for more information about setting up your childcare account and making childcare cancellations:
- Bar Marin Childcare Sign Up Notes